Wednesday, February 2, 2011

introducing our group!

January 25th

It dawned on me that I haven’t really mentioned who the heck I’m here with besides Jane and Fred.  So... meet my groupmates...!

Nolan is our token male from Winfield, BC.  Always upbeat, always positive, he has a contagious excitement for life and... well, pretty much everything.  He will be so wonderful to have around when we are stressed and tired and missing home.  We have great talks about life but I think my willingness to always play Devil’s Advocate might start driving him crazy fairly soon.  He also shares the strangest tidbits of trivia all day long, and therefore is designated my partner in Trivial Pursuit should the opportunity to play ever arise in Ghana.  You just never know.

Jean is from Toronto... love love love.  She’s kind, warm and makes me laugh on a minute-by-minute basis.  Not only is she an amazing person to collaborate with work-wise, but she always seems to want to share a mango at the exact moment I do... so for that I am grateful.  She’s so creative and bright and I know I will learn a lot from her.  Plus, she loves dancing movies and can quote “Centrestage” on command... what’s not to love?

Angela is from Mississauga, but her family comes from Accra, here in Ghana!  So it’s extra cool for her to be here and I hope we will get to meet some of her family before we leave.  Angela is just starting to bust out her sassy and sarcastic side – loves it!  She cares so much about doing a good job here and I respect her so much for the time and energy she puts into our work each day to make sure everything is as great as it possibly can be.  Big-picture me always needs someone to keep my feet planted on the ground!

I now realize how my participants felt upon arriving to Katimavik... we are all so different, but we all bring something totally unique to the group which is so neat. Right now we are “forming”, but I’m sure a few storms will hit sooner or later while we iron out the wrinkles of our group dynamics.  For now, I shall enjoy the honeymoon stage while it lasts!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment