Saturday, January 22, 2011

officially in Ghana!


January 20

I’m here!  In Ghana!  Weeee!  

Fred and Jane are with us (us being the group:  Jean, Angela, Nolan and myself). Jane is from the Toronto/New York YCI office and will be heading back to Canada in a couple of weeks.   Fred is Ghanaian, lives here and will be with us for the duration of the project.  Both are extremely supportive, intelligent, passionate and equally all around awesome folks.  I feel really grateful to know them and to have them here with us as we learn the ropes.
 
Last night we enjoyed a classic Ghanaian night out – Chinese food and salsa dancing.  Not exactly traditional, but very Ghanaian things to do as I’m told.  I suppose it’s like making sure to get sushi when you’re in Vancouver.  Either way, so much fun and there are about 50 Ghanaian line dances to learn before I go... that, and the art of dancing like the locals... though I’m not sure I can move like that without popping out a hip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment