Saturday, January 22, 2011

the aisle is so the new window...

January 17th

There have been a few advantages of travelling solo thusfar.  Namely, I don’t have to sit in the middle seat.  When flying with Dust, it just makes sense that I take the middle seat – I’m smaller, I’m more chatty and he leans against the window and I lean against him.  BUT!   On my own today I stumbled across the glory that is the aisle seat.  Once an avid window-fan, I’ve officially switched teams.  The leg room, the sense of liberty, being asked what you want to drink first... amazing!

There is a problem though:  I am not a graceful sleeper.  Through a few eye-witness accounts from the roomies about my need to breathe heavily in their face/my creepy half-open eyes and Dustin’s growing collection of unflattering sleeping photos taken from various bus and plane rides, it is clear that I am not pretty when I sleep.  So my only problem with this newfound love for the aisle seat is which way to turn my head – inside and the poor sap in the middle gets an eyeful but outward and the entire plane has to witness the horrors.  No one wins.  Except, of course, me and my stretched out legs :)

Ok... I’ve had enough of this epic layover in Amsterdam... let’s go to Ghana!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those aren't unflattering photos babe, they are collateral so that I keep the aisle seat... Hello, who needs leg room??... ;)

Linds said...

I also am a fan of the aisle. You can get up and go whenever you want!

Post a Comment