Wednesday, March 16, 2011

last week of workshops


March 3

Here it is - our last week of workshops... can’t believe it!  This week our focus shifted to HIV/AIDS education – encompassing a variety topics, and for me it meant starting a much needed discussion on healthy relationships, consent and domestic violence.  What we ended up also doing was spending a lot of answering the most obscure questions about sexual health you can imagine.  BUT – extremely important questions and ones that these students never talk about with their elders or teachers.  So... it was an entertaining week filled with lots of giggles, but also a lot of important information.  I can honestly say these discussions were my favourite and the ones where I felt we were really creating a non-judgemental space that would not exist in our absence.

Here I am at the school giving a workshop to one of the classes.

And here are Jean and I doing a condom demonstration on a wooden penis.  Sorry mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment